Whether you’re new to exporting or have experience there are always specific issues and questions that are unique to your company, products, and export markets. With the Food Export HelplineTM, you’ll speak with an industry expert who’ll put more than 34 years of experience to work for you. There are no canned answers, only insightful, customized advice specifically for you.
If You've Never Exported Before
Food Export Helpline™ can help assess your export readiness and guide you through the initial steps. Here are just some of the questions the Food Export Helpline™ can answer:
- Does my product have any potential in other countries?
- What are the best markets for my product?
- Where can I get good market research?
- What steps can I take to find qualified buyers and business partners?
- How do I write an effective letter of introduction to potential distributors?
- What is an Incoterm?
- How can I arrive at a competitive export price?
- What is a Schedule B number?
If You've Exported Before
Whether you have a quick question or need long-term support, the Food Export Helpline™ can assist in the following areas:
- Top Product/Market Evaluation for your products
- Tradeshow event preparation
- Trade lead follow-up assistance
- Calculating export prices based on terms of sale
- Commercial documentation & correspondence
- Free Trade Agreement (FTA) compliance procedures
- Documentary credits & collections
- Export assistance provider referrals
- Secondary market research
- Calculating Destination Duties & Taxes
About the Food Export HelplineTM Counselor
Dennis Lynch, M.I.B.A., CGBP, is a 34-year veteran of international trade who has held a variety of positions in the public and private sectors. He has been directly involved in monitoring, troubleshooting and facilitating export transactions for more than 25 years.
As the export counselor behind Food Export-Midwest and Food Export-Northeast's Food Export HelplineTM, Dennis provides customized technical export assistance to a variety of food and agricultural firms. He is a dynamic and informative speaker who speaks regularly at educational seminars throughout our organizations’ Midwest and Northeast regions. Dennis is a “Certified Global Business Professional” and a member of “NASBITE,” the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators.
Export Intelligence Video Series - A Look at the Food Export HelplineTM