Buffalo, New York Supplier Expands their Retail Market Share in Panama

Participating in Food Export's first, post-pandemic Focused Trade Mission proved to be successful for this New York based manufacturer of frozen specialty food products.

In March 2022, after a long period of virtual events due to the pandemic, Rosina Foods Products Inc., from Buffalo, New York, attended Food Export-Northeast’s first, post-pandemic in-person Focused Trade Mission to Panama. They met with many local buyers during pre-arranged one-one meetings, attended a retail tour, and presented their products at a tabletop showcase reception. As a result of their participation in this mission, Rosina made a sale of $50,000 and established 2 new agent relationships.

According to Pablo Cordova, Vice-President for International Sales and Marketing at Rosina Foods, “Food Export’s Mission was a great event! We met various retail and food service leads.  We were introduced to a major food service distributor during the mission, and they have since become a current client.”

Rosina is a family-owned business founded in 1963. They manufacture frozen specialty food products such as Italian entrées, filled pasta, and meatball products. Rosina is also an ingredient in many other food manufacturers’ products such as soup, pizza, lasagna, and more. Retail sales represent 60% of the business with Rosina products selling in 97 of the top 100 retail chains in the U.S. The other 40% of Rosina’s business is in food service selling to all top distributors and national accounts. Products are sold in U.S., Puerto Rico and Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Caymans, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominic Republic, El Salvador, Jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, Guam, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Croix, St. Marten, St. Tomas, Trinidad Tobago, US Virgin Islands.

Rosina has been participating in Food Export programs since 2014 taking part in the Branded Program, webinars, Buyers Missions, Market Builder for the Caribbean, Central and South America, Food Show PLUS!, the Online Product Catalog, and Focused Trade Missions.

Many of the buyer relationships this New York supplier has gained through participating in the Branded Program for eight years has helped to grow the Rosina brand and products internationally.

Food Export uses funding from the Market Access Program (MAP) to help America’s small businesses increase their exports of food and agricultural products. As these exports increase, these small businesses are creating jobs and improving the strength and stability of our agricultural economy. Food Export-Midwest and Food Export-Northeast are non-profit organizations that work in collaboration with their member state departments of agriculture and the USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service. They offer a wide range of programs and services that help boost America’s agricultural exports.



Focused Trade Mission Success

Focused Trade Mission Success


Two New Agent Relationships Gained


A company headquartered in the U.S.
Northeast region

Share your Success

Each year, hundreds of U.S. suppliers participate in the Food Export–Midwest and Food Export–Northeast’s programs. As a result, companies are successful at generating new export sales, establishing new distributorship, expanding their production facilities,
and hiring additional employees. Read the Success Stories to learn more!

If your company has a success to share, email us at info@foodexport.org.


Related Success Stories

Twenty-Four Year Branded Program Participant Still Finding Export Growth

Founded in 1992 as a functional ingredient manufacturing company, RIBUS supplies natural and organic rice ingredients to food, beverage, dietary supplement, and pet companies around the world.

Export Advisor Program Grows Exports for New York Supplier

In 2020, Katz Gluten Free of Mountainville, New York participated in Food Export-Northeast's Export Advisor Program to prepare for international exporting.

Virtual Trade Show Leads to New Export Business for New York Company

In August 2020, Northeast and Midwest companies had an opportunity to participate in Food Export-Northeast's Virtual Connect, a two-day virtual trade show.