The Food Export Advisor program is a year-long service which provides custom assistance from an experienced advisor to help your company kick start or improve your exporting efforts.
We can help provide a consistent, systematic plan and approach to help grow your business! It’s a customized approach, unique to your business whether you’re just starting out or need to refresh your strategy.
The Export Advisor Program can help you stay focused on your export goals without taking time away from your core business activities. All you need is a desire to succeed!
Your online registration serves as an application to participate in the advisor program. Following your registration and completion of post-registration required tasks, you will need to partake in an assessment call to determine if the advisor program can meet your company’s needs.
In order to fully utilize the advisor program, it is highly recommended that your company falls within the following minimum standards for participation:
- Established US distribution
- Minimum Domestic Sales of at least $1,500,000 annually
- At least 1 committed quarter-time employees dedicated to international sales
- At least 2 years in business
- Support and commitment from upper management to pursue international opportunities by supplying the staff, budget, and other resources required to plan and implement at a minimum a 12-month export expansion program
Our Export Advisor Program Will Aid Your Company to:
- Analyze your current business strategy
- Asses your specific needs
- Identify target markets
- Develop a custom export strategy plan and country specific plan
- Help find the resources and programs that are right for your growth
- Help with the details, logistics, product specifications, packaging, etc.
- Provide pre and post trade event assistance
- Monitor and adjust along the way to ensure success
- Support participation in Food Export activities as appropriate
You Will Learn the Fundamental Strategies That Will Support Your Business for Years to Come:
- How to identify market opportunities
- Develop a realistic exporting plan that supports your overall company mission
- How find and take advantage of new leads and opportunities
- Prioritize what activities are best
- Navigate various regulations
- How to correctly follow up with buyers
About Your Export Advisors
As the Export Advisors, Gary Winget and Wayne Batwin will assist companies in the Midwest and Northeast grow their export sales and profits by providing support targeted to a company's unique needs.
Wayne Batwin is President of PRIME Market Access International in Napa, CA, a management consulting firm, and has more than 34 years of experience in international food and agriculture research and policy, marketing and market development. Mr. Batwin has directed over 160 international studies, primarily for private companies and trade associations, on the trade and investment opportunities and strategies for successful market entry in 46 foreign markets in Asia, Latin America, Europe, North America and Africa. From 2006 to 2010 he was the Director of the Agricultural Trade Office at the U.S. Consulate in Shanghai, China.
With more than 30 years of accomplishments in international trade, W. Gary Winget brings extensive experience and broad knowledge to each project and client. He has received many awards for his work, including the prestigious U.S. Presidential ‘E’ Award for outstanding contributions to the export expansion program of the USA. Winget has provided organizational training, development and technical assistance to companies and organizations transitioning from domestic to global visions, strategies and operations. He has guided companies in establishing quality standard systems and obtaining international quality certification approvals and organized and managed an international chain-of-custody certification program for a state-wide industry association.
“We have been able to receive a great deal of help from Wayne Batwin over the past 2 years in the Advisor Program. Wayne has been a great resource for us and we truly value his insight, opinions, and advice.”
-Kris Hahn, Director of International Sales, Island Oasis Frozen Beverages
“We already knew quite a bit about exporting and were already working with Australia, Canada, Israel before we made contact with Gary [Winget]. He gave us additional helpful information when picking out new buyers and countries when we are ready.”
-Marisa Ford, Marketing and Media Relations Manager, Hilary's Eat Well distributed by Drink Eat Well.