Terms and Conditions
As a participant in any Food Export – Midwest or Food Export – Northeast program or activity, I agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
Food Export – Midwest and Food Export Northeast do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, national origin or ancestry, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation or military status. Persons with disabilities or who otherwise require alternate means for communication of program information can contact us.
Ensuring broad company participation and access to Food Export – Midwest and Food Export - Northeast programs and services is an important component in achieving our mission. Food Export programs are open to those appropriate entities that have expressed interest in exporting and exhibit potential of increasing exports of food and agricultural products, and therefore positively impacting our regions’ agriculture, improving the regions’ prosperity and creating jobs. Participation is open to those entities that can demonstrate such impact, either through the presence of corporate headquarters, facilities or significant product sourcing from documented suppliers within our regions, and to all otherwise-qualified individuals and entities on an equal basis and without regard to any non-merit factors.
Food Export – Midwest and Food Export - Northeast recognize that other export-focused organizations may also offer resources that are appropriate for entities considering participation in our programs. We view collaboration as an essential component to success, (as evidenced by our own strategic alliance) and strongly advocate using any such effective complementary resources, while at the same time avoiding duplication. Food Export - Midwest and Food Export - Northeast make it a priority to inform current or potential participants about other relevant export service providers, including providing them with specific contact information. These include our member state agencies, other State Regional Trade Groups, other Cooperator agricultural groups, U.S. Department of Commerce Export Assistance Centers, Small Business Administration or Small Business Development Centers or other similar organizations.
Maintaining the integrity and public support for Food Export – Midwest and Food Export - Northeast’s mission is one of our highest priorities. Food Export – Midwest and Food Export - Northeast reserve the right to approve participation in any of our programs based upon the participant’s prospects to help us achieve our mission of increasing U.S. exports, positively impacting U.S. agriculture and creating prosperity and U.S. jobs.
We reserve the right to deny participation, including Branded Program reimbursement, to any company or for any product which, in Food Export – Midwest or Food Export - Northeast’s sole opinion, may cast a negative or controversial light on Food Export – Midwest, Food Export - Northeast, our member state agencies, the Foreign Agricultural Service of USDA, the Market Access Program (MAP) or taxpayer support for any of the above; to any firm or individual which, in the sole opinion of Food Export - Midwest or Food Export - Northeast does not comply with FAS, MAP or Food Export - Midwest or Food Export – Northeast regulations or policies, or otherwise offer the best opportunity to aid in its mission of increasing food and agricultural exports; or for any failure to comply with our Code of Ethics.
Food Export – Midwest and Food Export – Northeast reserve the right to deny services. Submission of any false or misleading information may be grounds for rejection or subsequent revocation of any application, participation, expense or reimbursement.
Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics (“Code”) of Food Export – Midwest and Food Export - Northeast, is a statement of the Organizations’ common values and of our common commitment to promote the highest possible standards of professional business conduct for the mutual benefit of the industry and for the ultimate benefit of the consumer.
Food Export - Midwest & Food Export - Northeast, by adopting and enforcing this Code, seek to maintain and enhance the reputation of our Organizations and of our Participants within the industry.
Code of Ethics
It is expected that Food Export – Midwest & Food Export –Northeast Staff, Members, Contractors, and Participants in our activities:
- Strive to maintain the highest standards of business conduct by using only legal and ethical means in all business activity.
- Actively promote and encourage the highest level of integrity within the trade.
- Cooperate in every reasonable and proper way with other related organizations, as appropriate, and work with them toward the advancement of the food and agricultural exporting industry.
- Be fair, equitable and respectful to employer(s), employees, associates, competitors, customers, the public, and all business or professional relationships arising through contact with Food Export - Midwest & Food Export - Northeast.
- Adhere to honesty in advertising and in representations to the public, including in any application or reimbursement claim to Food Export – Midwest & Food Export – Northeast.
- Treat customers and suppliers honestly, fairly and objectively.
- Observe all applicable state, federal, foreign or international laws and regulations.
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Avoid any unfair or deceptive practice and always present our products, programs, or services in an honest and forthright manner.
- Refrain from discriminatory practices in dealing with employees, contractors, participants, customers and vendors.
- Respect the rights of others concerning their intellectual property such as patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary business information and, if any innocent breach occurs, promptly address and rectify any such breach.
- Recognize that other participants will compete for business within lawful, reasonable and customary practice.
- Comply in good faith with contractual obligations.
- Never pay any bribe, kickback or other corrupt payment in any form directly or indirectly to or for anyone for the purpose of obtaining or retaining business or obtaining any other favorable action, nor offer or extend any gift or entertainment that is illegal, known to be in violation of the rules of the recipient's organization, or likely to result in a feeling or expectation of personal obligation on the part of the recipient.
- Act in a manner consistent with, and make every effort to uphold this Code of Ethics.
- This Code of Ethics does not set forth all aspects of good conduct and ethical behavior. Acceptance of, and adherence to this Code is a condition of participation with or employment by Food Export – Midwest & Food Export – Northeast
Food Export – Midwest & Food Export USA – Northeast does not tolerate fraud in the operation of its programs. Any incident of suspected fraud can be reported (anonymously) by: