Posting Date: 4/14/2023
Organization: Food Export - Northeast
Food Export-Northeast (Philadelphia) is a private, non-profit trade association representing state agricultural
promotion agencies in its region. Our mission is the development and expansion of international markets for U.S.
food and value-added agricultural products. We participate in the Market Access Program (MAP) of the Foreign
Agricultural Service of USDA.
Provides project coordination for the International Marketing Program, aimed at aiding small U.S. suppliers of food and agriculture products targeting export markets.
- As directed by the International Marketing Program manager, supports and coordinates events, projects, programs, and services. Examples could include webinars, networking events, promotions, and educational programs.
- Serves as a point of contact for a diverse set of U.S.-based and overseas stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other areas of Food Export-Northeast to meet goals related to success stories, participation, revenue, and new company registrants.
Provides clerical support in the administration of the International Marketing Program.
- Coordinates the processing of invoices and expense reports, as well as other requests for payment. Develops, processes, and tracks financial information related to programs and services. Maintains accurate documentation to support compliance with federal regulations.
- Supports processes related to procurement such as Requests for Proposals, vendor tracking, and filing contractor agreements.
- Prepares and disseminates correspondence, deliverables, and marketing materials within stated timeframes.
- Maintains accurate data from International Marketing Program activities.
- Ensures that procedures for program operations are maintained and kept current throughout the year.
Contribute to Food Export-Northeast’s tactics and strategy relating to exporter education, market entry, and market promotion. Ef
- Effectively utilizes all Food Export-Northeast’s resources and technology to assist in the implementation of programs and services; research and implement additional technology solutions to meet program needs, if applicable.
- Coordinates the dissemination and collection of surveys to assess the impact of programs and services. Assists with efforts to determine cost effectiveness and track performance measures against goals.
- Creates and presents reports using various sources of data.
- Supports efforts to educate U.S. suppliers on how to export their food and agricultural products, which includes topics such as food retail, financing, international trade, food marketing, documentation/compliance, and more.
- Assists International Marketing Program Manager with large projects, including annual application for funding and preparation for major conferences.
- Undertakes special projects as requested.
- Four-year college degree in a related field.
Work Experience (highly preferred):
- 2+ years of work experience in a related field, such as grant programs administration, nonprofit program coordination, event coordination/meeting planning, marketing administration, export/grant programs compliance, customer service, education planning/production, food, or agriculture.
- 1+ years of strong project management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or similar productivity suite) required.
- Experience with reviewing plans and specifications, scheduling, cost saving measures, discrepancies, etc.
- Experience with invoicing, vendor tracking, expense reports, financial documentation and compliance.
- Experience with educational content planning and production.
- Experience with data entry, databases, and/or CRM (customer relationship management) software.
- Basic financial acumen, understanding of how decisions affect bottom line.
- Manage project feasibility and delivery.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work, strong ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently, strong ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple priorities simultaneously, self-motivated, a self-starter, and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and responsibility levels.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment. This position requires light duty physical work, conducting general office duties, participation in trade shows, and market promotions. Requirements include carrying multiple files and printed materials.
- Out-of-office travel is up to 15%.
- Medical and dental plan.
- Company funded short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and vision insurance.
- 401(K) Plan with company match and an annual company contribution.
- Hybrid work schedule, with flexible start/end times.
- Annual technology reimbursement program.
- Student loan tuition assistance program.
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement.
How to Apply
- Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest, resume, and references, in confidence, to: email@example.com
- Food Export-Midwest and Food Export-Northeast offer an excellent comprehensive employee benefits package.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Financial assistance for relocation is not budgeted for this position.
Food Export – Midwest is an equal opportunity employer:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
parental status, political affiliation, military discharge status or membership in the military reserve, source of income, or other status protected by applicable state, federal or local law. It is our intent and desire at Food Export that equal employment
opportunities will be provided in employment recruitment, selection, compensation benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Persons with
disabilities or who otherwise require alternate means of communication of organizational or program information can contact us at the url on the cover of this document.
Food Export administers many services through Market Access Program (MAP) funding from the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) of the USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternate means of communication of program information should contact us.
Food Export–Midwest and Food Export–Northeast prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability,
age, marital status, familial/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.